Canoe Trail Friends of Mandurah and Pinjarra
We are a group of paddlers that have come together to form a paddlers alliance.
- Advocates for the awareness and protection of our marine wildlife, for the development of canoe launch sites and all-abilities canoe access.
- Event providers for the Annual Clean Up of Peel Waterways.
- Authors of several canoe guides and other publications.
- Stakeholders regarding environmental impacts on our waterways.
- Read our recommendations for the Novara Foreshore Master Plan.
- Read our submission on the Green Growth Plan.
Read our support for a beach-style non-powered canoe/kayak launch site with space for multiple launching, and also an all-abilities canoe/kayak launch site for South East Dawesville.
All Terrain Wheelchair for Paddlers
Thanks to the City of Mandurah the all-terrain wheelchair is available for loan free of charge from the Mandurah Visitors Centre, 75 Mandurah Terrace.
Book at the Centre, or online or by calling (08) 9550 3999.
The all-terrain wheelchair is able to be used on both beach (with balloon tyres) and on rough land surfaces (with bicycle tyres). Please inform staff at the Visitors Centre of your intended use so that they can provide you with the necessary equipment. It is highly recommended that users and attendants watch this instructional video before using the chair.
The all-terrain wheelchair was designed by people with restricted mobility for people with restricted mobility and can be used by people of all ages and degrees of mobility. The wheelchair can be set up with tires for use on different types of terrain – from concrete to rough land surfaces – allowing users to participate in most outdoor activities. The user can push the chair independently when these wheels are fixed.
The wheelchair weighs just 17kg and is fully collapsible, making it easily transportable in most vehicles (Dimensions 140 x 55 x 55 cm). The maximum weight limit for the chair is 130kg.